Dr Xenia Doorenbosch is an Australian trained Neurosurgeon based in Adelaide, who treats both adult and paediatric patients. She has a special interest in the contemporary management of brain tumours and hydrocephalus and has had further training from world leaders in the field.
Her practice also includes the surgical management of general neurological conditions and trauma, as well as degenerative spine, spinal tumours and peripheral nerve disorders. Xenia holds staff specialist positions at the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) and the Women's and Children's Hospital (WCH). She has had extensive practical experience in the application of intracranial neuroendoscopy in the UK and Europe, and is looking forward to increasing its use in South Australia.
Xenia graduated from the University of Adelaide in 2003 and trained in Neurosurgery at the RAH, FMC and WCH in South Australia, as well as in New South Wales at the John Hunter Hospital and St George's Hospital. After completing her training, Xenia practiced as a consultant at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital before undertaking a fellowship in Paediatric Neurosurgery at the prestigious Royal Manchester Children's Hospital in the UK. In addition to her FRACS qualification, Xenia also holds medical registration in the UK and the Netherlands.
Xenia is a decisive and highly organised clinician, dedicated to delivering the highest level of care to her patients. She is an effective communicator, both with her patients and members of their treating team. Xenia can also consult in both Dutch and Indonesian languages. She is committed to continuing her professional development, attending national and international workshops and conferences and keeping up with the latest evidence base and technical advances in Neurosurgery. Xenia is currently completing her Masters in Clinical Science through the University of Adelaide and also serves on the board of the NeuroSurgical Research Foundation (NRF).
- AFRACMA, Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators, 2021
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), University of Adelaide, 2003
- FRACS (Neurosurgery), Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, 2016
- AHPRA Registration.
- British Neuroendoscopy Society
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- European Association of Neurosurgical Societies
- European Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery
- International Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery
- International Federation of Neuroendoscopy
- Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
Dr Xenia Doorenbosch has shared her expertise and patient stories with the media/press.
- Channel 9 News Bulletin: Crouzon Syndrome - Life saving facial surgery for two-year old Vietnamese girl in Adelaide
- ABC News: Less invasive brain surgery speeds recovery and reduces scarring for Adelaide children
- NeuroSurgical Research Foundation (NRF) on YouTube: Xenia discusses her experience training, working as a surgeon, as well as her involvement with the NRF.